The School Council is led by Lucy Radstone and Yvette Zinger. Two children from each class (spanning year 2 to year 6) are elected to the Council at the beginning of each academic year and the Council meets fortnightly to plan and organise activities. The Council appoints a Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Vice Treasurer and Secretary.
The aims of the School Council are to work together to try and make our school a better place for the children and the staff. Members of the School Council bring ideas from their classmates to the meetings about how they want the school to be improved.
- Share our ideas and support each other
- Find out what children think by asking questions
- Work as a school community
- Listen to each other
Some of our initiatives over the past year have included:
- Making changes to the school lunches, introducing a new menu (including the popular sandwiches and soup)
- Organising the "Own Clothes" day for the charity Shelterbox, which raised over £900
- Assisting with the "A Factor", creating the show presentation and presenting the acts to the school
- Working with the Summer Fair committee
- Building up a database of the opinions of our class mates